This page contains links to a number of documents offering information on topics Carers have told us are important for them to understand, we plan to add more material to this section of the website in response to Carers suggestions.
To save the PDF to your computer: PC users select the link and right-click the mouse, select link target. Mac users click the link. Information below is supplied by Rethink, Mental Health Foundation, Canadian Mental Health Association and Sainsbury Centre for Mental Health.
Information about the Recovery approach used by Mental Health Services
- Making it: An introduction to ideas about recovery for people with mental health problems and their families and friends.
- Carers Recovery: Looking at the recovery of mental health carers.
- Making Recovery a Reality: A document that covers the policy implications around mental health recovery for carers.
Additional Information Sheets
- Family Work: A Document that addresses the implications of family work and how it can be proven to be successful in shaping the recovery for the whole unit affected by mental health illness.
- How Carers can Help: Tips on how your caring role can have beneficial effect on the cared for journey into recovery.
- Confidentiality: Overview of the issues surrounding confidentiality for when you care for a friend or relative with a mental health issue.
- Getting Help from your GP: Information on the ways your GP can be involved in your role as a mental health carer.
- A Siblings Guide to Psychosis: A guide for the siblings of those who are suffering from a mental health illness.
- Helping Children Understand Mental Illness: A resource for parents and guardians to help children understand mental illness and mental health distress.
- Hearing Voices: An overview of the issues around hearing voices as a by-product of medication or mental health illness.
Download a PDF version
To save the PDF to your computer: PC users select the link and right-click the mouse, select link target. Mac users click the link.