Richmond Borough Mind:
For Better Mental Health Across Richmond Upon Thames
Artwork is one of the activities that many users take part in. Above are two examples of the excellent work produced within the centres.
Richmond Borough Mind is rooted in the local community and exists to meet local mental health needs. Our vision is of a society where people who experience mental distress and their Carers are flourishing within their local communities.
Through our various services, staff and many volunteers, we provide high quality, individually tailored services so people can live full lives and be connected to other people in their communities.
We work with others – from small local community groups to the Mental Health Trust – to minimise the impact of mental distress and in partnership we aim to improve people’s experience of mental health services.
In collaboration with local and national organisations, we raise awareness locally of the importance of mental health and recovery and tackle the discrimination faced by people who experience mental distress.
As a local Mind organisation we subscribe to Mind’s values of Informed, Diversity, Partnership, Integrity and Determined.
People with experience of mental distress drive all we do.
We will never give up challenging discrimination and campaigning for better mental health.
We respect everyone's experience and ensure inclusion is at the heart of our work.
Our independence ensures our integrity – we are never compromised.
We are committed to working with our networks and all who will help us achieve our mission.
As a local organisation we also have our own values which underpin our work and these are:
- Socially Inclusive
Our services will be rooted in the community and will harness the people power in the community, connecting people from all walks of life
- Person Centred
When we work with people we will take their whole life into account and services will be tailored to their needs.
We will inspire hope and nurture the dreams that people have.
- Recovery orientated
We will help people to flourish and lead fuller lives, having more control of their lives and being able to improve them.
We will give to the community and we will expect others to give too, as giving is kindness and kindness feels good. Everyone has something to give and everyone has the capacity to be kind.
We will connect people with each other and support them, so that they can support each other and develop strong social networks.
The following are RB Mind's current strategic objectives which steer our organisations work for 2009–2012. RB Mind will aim to:
- Operate and develop quality services of choice, tailored to individual people who experience mental distress and their Carers. These services will be based on the belief in recovery, reciprocity and in connecting people with each other.
- Become an organisation which knows what the diversity of people in the borough need for the benefit of their mental health. We will use this knowledge and involvement to influence and co-produce mental health services.
- Establish constructive and strategic partnerships; contributing to a range of mental health provision and well being.
- Undertake targeted work to raise the profile of RB Mind and mental health; increasing access to mental health services and decrease the discrimination and stigma experienced by people who use these services.
- Work to ensure the sustainability of the organisation.