Carers Peer Support Volunteer
Hours: Minimum of 2 hours per week/fortnightly for 6 months
Location: Across London Borough of Richmond
Responsible to: A designated staff member in the Carers in Mind team
RB Mind’s Carers in Mind project supports the mental wellbeing of families and friends supporting someone experiencing a mental health issue. The project delivers a variety of services including one-to-one advice and guidance, peer-led support groups, educational workshops and social activities.
As a Carers Peer Support Volunteer you will provide one-to-one support to other carers either in person or over the telephone/email/video call. This one-to-one support will include emotional support, practical support as well as information-giving and signposting to other services where appropriate.
- To contact referred carers and make arrangements to meet or talk on phone or email.
- To provide one-to-one support including emotional and practical support.
- To provide a safe and welcoming atmosphere.
- To pass on any concerns about a carer to the team for additional support.
- To maintain confidential records of contact with carers and share information with the team as appropriate and agreed with the carer.
- To attend regular one to one and group supervision with CIM team and other peer mentors (frequency to be steered by time commitment from mentors).
For a full description of the role and person specification please download the role description here.
Completed applications and any enquiries should be sent to our Volunteer Co-ordinator at [email protected]
For more information on what is involved in being a Richmond Borough Mind volunteer, check out our Volunteering page.