Carers Connect Volunteer
Hours: Varies depending on the groups, however we ask for a commitment of a minimum of 6 months.
Location: Dependant on groups across London Borough of Richmond
Responsible to: A designated staff member in the Carers in Mind team
RB Mind’s Carers in Mind project supports the mental wellbeing of families and friends supporting someone experiencing a mental health issue. The project delivers a variety of services including one-to-one advice and guidance, peer-led support groups, educational workshops and social activities. Our Carers Connect initiative involves the delivery of a variety of groups aimed at offering a safe and and non-judgemental space where carers can form new social connections, have time for themselves and learn new skills.
As a Carers Connect Volunteer you will support the running of an existing group or have the chance to create a new group, both alongside another volunteer. During the group you will be offering emotional and/or practical support whilst delivering the activity.
- To support the Carers in Mind team and other Carers Connect Volunteers to facilitate groups.
- To help design and deliver new groups (if desired).
- To use own experiences and interests whilst facilitating groups.
- To help set up and clear away before and after each group.
- To provide a safe and welcoming atmosphere.
- To provide practical and/or emotional support to members of the group.
- To support administration functions i.e. attendance records.
- To pass on any concerns about a member to the team for additional support.
For a full description of the role and person specification please download the role description here.
Completed applications and any enquiries should be sent to our
Volunteer Co-ordinator at [email protected]
For more information on what is involved in being a Richmond Borough Mind volunteer, check out our Volunteering page.