Befriender Co-ordinator Volunteer
Our Peer Group Network is made up of groups run by and for people who experience mental health problems. We offer a safe and non-judgemental space where members can make friends, have fun and learn new skills. Face-to-face groups are currently only operating online.
Within our Peer Group Network we have our befriending service where volunteers offer 1-2-1 telephone support for our members offering emotional and practical support. Your role would be to match our Befriender Volunteers with those seeking support and assistance from a Befriender.
Hours: 4 hours a week 3 months minimum commitment
Location: Working from home initially or office based
- Working alongside the Peer Group Network team and other Peer Volunteers to match those requiring support with a Befriender Volunteer
- Liaising with Health & Social Care professionals
- Providing support to Befriender Volunteers
- Supporting administration function
- Processing referral forms received from health professionals
You can download the role description here.
Completed application forms should be sent to [email protected]
For more information on what is involved in being a Richmond Borough Mind volunteer, please check out our Volunteering page.
Back to volunteer vacancies.