Carers in Mind – Events, Comms and Data Volunteer
The Carers in Mind project works with families and friends supporting someone experiencing a mental health issue. The project delivers a variety of services including one-to-one advice and guidance, peer-led support groups, educational workshops and social activities.
The scope of the Events, Comms and Data Volunteer role is broad and will provide excellent experience for a career changer/recent graduate keen to develop their experience of running a support service in the Health and Social Care field. Alternatively you might be retired or running a household and wish to contribute to the local community for a few hours each week.
The volunteer will assist the team in preparing and delivering a lively schedule of regular and ad hoc events (online and in person) for unpaid carers, assist with producing our regular e-newsletters using the online software MailChimp and play a key role in maintaining accurate and effective records on our database. You will gain the confidence to communicate directly with our service users to update their records.
You may prefer to focus on one or two of these areas rather than all of them. This can be discussed with the service during an informal interview.
Hours: Minimum 3 hours per week, over a 6-month period. Additional hours and/or a longer overall commitment is very welcome.
Location: Office in Twickenham/Community venues in London Borough of Richmond/Online or remote
- Assist with planning, organising, promoting, delivering and recording a regular programme of events
- Maintain accurate records on our database and spreadsheet of attendance at activities delivered
- Assist with producing regular and ad hoc emails designed on MailChimp
- Check in with dormant service users by phone and email to update their records
- Write/type notes of key points from talks/meetings to be shared with all our service users
You can download the role description here.
Completed application forms should be sent to [email protected]
For more information on what is involved in being a Richmond Borough Mind volunteer, please check out our Volunteering page.
Back to volunteer vacancies.