Training programme for organisations:
Richmond Borough Mind has launched a training programme to raise knowledge and awareness about mental health and wellbeing. We have three different packages to suit a variety of individual and organisational requirements.
Mental Health Awareness
This training session is suitable for those in public facing roles in either a paid or voluntary capacity, wishing to increase their understanding of issues that might be faced by clients, customers and visiting members of the public. The training is offered on a half-day or one-day basis and can be delivered at your venue. We may be able to arrange a venue within the borough of Richmond if this is helpful.
- Encouraging individuals to have more confidence to talk about mental health
- Improving understanding of mental health stigma and its impacts
- Awareness of different types of mental health conditions
- Tools for supporting conversations about mental health
- Information about where to find support
This training session is suitable for senior managers, staff teams and groups wishing to boost levels of mental health awareness in their workplace. The training is offered on a half-day or one-day basis and can be delivered at your venue. We may be able to arrange a venue within the borough of Richmond if this is helpful.
- To understand what stress is and identify the causes
- Recognising the signs of stress and taking preventative action
- Promoting positive wellbeing – delving into a range of practical tools that can be used in the workplace to support wellbeing
Stress Management for Managers
This training session is suitable for managers wishing to boost levels of mental health awareness in their workplace as well as explore the challenges of supporting individual members of staff with their wellbeing whilst still needing to oversee management of the team as a whole. This training is offered on a two-hour or half-day basis and can be delivered at your venue. We may be able to arrange a venue within the borough of Richmond if this is helpful.
- To equip managers with the skills to identify and understand stress and its impact on the workplace
- To encourage managers to provide a framework for supporting staff wellbeing
- To look in detail at management tools which can be used in the workplace to support employee’s wellbeing
What participating organisations said:
“There was some great feedback on your session after you left. Not one negative comment and praise in the way you delivered it. I would like to say again thank you for all the effort you put into this thought provoking session and traveling that far to join us. I will come back to you when looking at the annual event which we run sometime in the Autumn / Winter period.”
“We were looking for an external speaker to address our 40 or so Managers and Team Leaders on the topic of mental health as part of our bi-annual HR update training. Our aim was to raise awareness of mental health issues and to increase Managers’ confidence to handle issues arising in the workplace. Yvonne Lentge worked with us to design a 2.5 hour session which fulfilled this aim beautifully. The sessions Yvonne ran were interesting, interactive and very much appreciated by our management community. Several Managers commented that the insights would be as valuable in their private lives as in covering their managerial responsibilities. Thank you Richmond Mind!”
Organisations we have worked with already
- Kew Community Trust
- National Physical Laboratory
- Richmond Adult Community College
- Richmond Sports Development Team
For more information about booking a training session, please contact inf[email protected] or 020 8948 7652.
Training can be delivered at your premises, or alternatively we may be able to help you identify a suitable venue if required.
If your organisation needs advice on applying for funding to cover the cost of the training session please contact us for more information.