Out-of-hours crisis support
Supporting people to prevent imminent mental health crisis
Our opening days are now all face to face:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday (6-10pm) and Saturday (2-10pm) at the Alfriston Centre, 3 Berrylands Road, Surbiton, KT5 8RB
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (6-10pm) and Sunday (2-8pm) at 32 Hampton Road, Twickenham, TW2 5QB
Journey Recovery Hubs provide out-of-hours support to reduce immediate crisis and to safety plan for those living with mental health problems. We aim to prevent escalation, reduce isolation, increase independence and self-management and improve wellbeing by drawing on strengths, resilience, and coping mechanisms.
Who can attend?
Adult (18 years +) residents of Richmond and Kingston who perceive themselves to be in mental health crisis, or at risk of moving into mental health crisis. The service is open primarily to residents of Richmond and Kingston.
- Adults with dementia
- Children or adolescents
- People exhibiting violent or aggressive behaviour
- People under the influence of drugs/ alcohol
- Non-residents of Richmond, Kingston, Merton, Sutton and Wandsworth. This will not mean a refusal of entry but will mean offering of brief support and signposting back to appropriate local services.
What do we mean by crisis?
Having a mental health crisis can mean different things to different people, but can include:
- Thinking about suicide or acting on suicidal thoughts
- Having an episode of psychosis (where you might experience or believe things that others do not)
- Doing something that could put yourself or other people at risk
What to expect when you get to one of our Hubs:
- you will be asked to social distance or use a face mask if a safe 1.5m distance cannot be maintained (face masks will be provided if you do not have one)
- you will be asked to sanitise your hands at the point of entry using a hand gel or wash them with soap and warm water
- we ask you not to bring any drinks or food to the site
How to get there
Twickenham hub: 32 Hampton Road, Twickenham, TW2 5QB
Near Twickenham Green
Bus routes: 267, 281, 290, 681, R70 or 110, 490, H22 close by.
By rail: Strawberry Hill 10 minutes walk
Kingston hub: Alfriston Centre, 3 Berrylands Road, KT5 8RB
Bus routes: 665, K2 outside centre or 281, 406, 418, 662 close by.
By rail: Surbiton Station 10 minutes walk
Other support lines
We have created a list of other support lines which you can call if you are in crisis here.