Georgie Williams, Youth Service Lead
07827 491 325
Do you work with young people aged 8-25?
Richmond Borough Mind currently runs three young people’s projects:
Reach is a new series of workshops providing support for young people struggling with anxiety, low mood and self esteem or anger management issues. More information is coming soon, so stay tuned to our Reach page for a referral form and more information in the coming days.
Our Mindkit project trains volunteers with personal experience of mental health issues to deliver free wellbeing sessions to audiences of young people aged 14-25.
Below you can watch a film in which two of our Mindkit Youth Wellbeing Trainers, Tim and Cassie, introduce our Mindkit project and illustrate what you can expect at a Mindkit session.
Find out more about Mindkit.
Our Bounce project uses the same model for 8-14 year-olds. Find out more about Bounce.
The sessions take place throughout the borough of Richmond in schools, colleges, youth centres and other venues, helping young people develop mental resilience. If like us you are interested in the wellbeing of young people you may wish to sign up to our wellbeing sessions.
Our sessions are designed around evidence-based models primarily the Five Ways to Wellbeing and living mindfully and are run by trained volunteers who have personal experience of mental health problems.
- FREE wellbeing and resilience sessions ranging from a 15-minute presentation to a one-hour workshop that fits in with your timetable.
- Tailored sessions on handling stress and anxiety including exam stress, depression with a focus on the effects of bullying, and eating disorders.
- Sessions delivered by trained, DBS-checked volunteers speaking from their own experiences of mental health challenges and difficulties and how they are overcoming them.
- Activities and information which introduce young people to the Five Ways to Wellbeing and living mindfully.
- Online, post-workshop support and resources for young people.
- Support for your organisation and staff to build their knowledge around supporting young people’s wellbeing and resilience.
Information and workshop bookings
07827 491 325
Youth Service support and information guide
For information and contact details of the youth service support we provide, as well as support offered by other services take a look at our guide.
Available to download here.