Yoga Instructor – Peer Group Network
Are you a Yoga Instructor with an interest in mental health?
Richmond Borough Mind provides support to people in the community experiencing mental health problems and their carers. We have a range of Peer Groups that provide a safe and non-judgmental space where members can make friends, build confidence and learn new skills. Groups are run by and for people who have lived experience of mental health problems.
We are looking for someone that has a strong interest in mental health, preferably some lived experience and a yoga teaching qualification (or working towards).
Hours: 1.5 hrs a week/ biweekly
Based in: Richmond, Twickenham
What you will be doing:
- Create a welcoming and friendly environment for Peer Group attendees.
- Teach warm up and cool down techniques at the beginning and the end of the session respectively.
- Deliver yoga at a beginner level aimed at those who may have limited levels of fitness and flexibility.
- We provide mental health awareness training at the beginning of registration to successful volunteers.
- Experience of delivering yoga classes.
- Compassionate, enthusiastic, reliable, patient and non-judgmental approach.
- Ability to communicate clearly, motivate others.
- Able to commit to a minimum of 6 months.
- A yoga teacher qualification is preferable
- Ideally someone with an interest in/experience of mental ill health.
You can download the role description here.
Completed application forms should be sent to [email protected]
For more information on what is involved in being a Richmond Borough Mind volunteer, please check out our Volunteering page.
Back to volunteer vacancies.