Richmond Borough Mind:
For Better Mental Health Across Richmond Upon Thames
Richmond Borough Mind is rooted in the local community and exists to meet local mental health needs. Through our various projects, staff and volunteers, we provide high quality, individually tailored services so people can live full lives and be connected to other people in their communities.
We work with others – from small local community groups to the Mental Health Trust – to minimise the impact of mental health problems and in partnership we aim to improve people’s experience of mental health services. In collaboration with local and national organisations, we raise awareness of the importance of mental health and recovery and tackle the discrimination faced by people who experience mental health problems.
We have put together a short video which showcases the various services we offer to help people with mental health issues and their carers.
Watch the video here: Welcome to Richmond Borough Mind.
What we do
This video describes what we do and how we work with other Local Minds and National Mind.
Our vision is of a society where people who experience mental health issues and their carers enjoy a good quality of life within their local communities.
- We promote good mental health for everybody and campaign for positive change.
- We provide high quality services, information and support.
- We focus on recovery to promote independence, support people to help themselves and help people realise their potential.
- Kind and People focussed (we listen and treat people as individuals; we act with respect and kindness)
- Open (we reach out to anyone who needs us and are transparent in our dealings)
- Independent (we speak out fearlessly and won’t give up)
- Collaborative/Together (we are stronger in partnership)
- Respected and respectful (we have regard for the feelings and rights of others; we are recognised for the work we do)
As a local Mind organisation we also subscribe to National Mind’s values:
- We reach out to anyone who needs us
- We’re stronger in partnerships
- We listen, we act
- We speak out fearlessly
- We never give up
- Staying well: Support people likely to develop mental health problems, to stay well.
- Empowering choice: Empower people who experience a mental health problem to make informed choices about how they live and recover.
- Improving services and support: Ensure people get the right services and support at the right time to help their recovery and enable them to live with their mental health problem.