This handbook covers a wide range of helpful topics. It was developed with local carers, service providers and commissioners to ensure that you have access to good quality information relevant to your caring role.
The handbook’s chapters can be downloaded as individual PDFs below:
- Mental Health Disorders Getting Help And Possible Treatments
- Responding To Difficult Behaviour Symptoms
- The Recovery Approach
- Whole Family Recovery
- Improving Family Communication
- The Mental Health Maze – Working With Mental Health Professionals
- Jargon Buster
- For further resources please visit the central Mind website
If you need to talk to someone about a mental health problem, we are here to listen to you. Call our helpline now if you need someone to talk on
020 3137 9590
Volunteering is a great way to make use of your skills, give back to your community and gain valuable experience whilst meeting new people and having fun.
If you are in emotional need and looking for a safe confidential space to explore your psychological difficulties, we are here for you. We welcome people with a whole range of issues, including complex needs and severe mental illness.Find out more