Our Psychotherapy and Counselling service offers long term support to clients, we depend on the contribution of volunteers. Our therapists come from a range of theoretical backgrounds and have varying skills and experience.
We encourage applications from experienced therapists, as well as those in training; and from people with experience of working with clients with complex mental health needs and with children and young people. We particularly welcome applications from ethnically diverse and multilingual therapists.
- Regular supervision in line with BACP guidelines
- Ongoing support from our expert therapies team, including extra individual supervision where needed
- Appraisals throughout your time with us
- In-house training and CPD opportunities
We are looking for therapists who:
- Positively identify with and respect Richmond’s diverse population
- Are qualified or have completed a minimum of 1 year of a BACP or UKCP accredited Diploma course and are commencing the 2nd year of their training
- Have at least 50 hours of supervised one-to-one work
- Are in personal therapy throughout their placement while a trainee
- Attend mandatory in-house supervision groups
- Hold student membership with a relevant awarding body
- Can commit to a minimum of 12 months, offering three sessions a week (3-hour slot), including face-to-face, online and possible group sessions
We recruit throughout the year and currently have vacancies. First there is an application form you will need to complete. Once processed you will be asked to attend an interview with members of the Therapies team. Once accepted, you will be given an induction, be allocated to a supervision slot and will be allocated three weekly clients.
Occasionally it is not possible to find a time slot that suits a volunteer’s availability and there may be a waiting period until one becomes available.
For further information please contact [email protected] or 020 3475 9705.