RB Mind greatly values the contribution which our volunteers make to all areas of our work. Please check out the Volunteering page of our website to see what’s involved in being a RB Mind volunteer.
All our volunteers receive one-to-one support and can reclaim their travel and lunch expenses as part of our volunteering practices.
Current Volunteer Roles
Fundraising Events Volunteer
Richmond Borough Mind is extending its community fundraising activities to help raise awareness of our charity and build stronger local partnerships. We are looking for an enthusiastic person with strong communication skills, both written and verbal. The ideal volunteer will have fundraising or marketing experience however, if you do not have this, to the right candidate we can provide in-house training and development opportunities. This is a great role for someone who wants to gain new skills or keep current ones up to date. Please do get in touch.
HOURS: Times as per availability
BASED AT: Combination of home and office based tasks at RB Mind, 1st Floor Rear, UK House, 82 Heath Rd, Twickenham TW1 4BW) and events around the borough of Richmond
DUTIES CAN INCLUDE:
- Liaising with the Business Development Manager, Communications and Events Officer and Volunteer Manager on the events schedule and input with planning and prioritising events
- Gathering practical information about events
- Attending varied events – including quiz nights, family all-day events and mental health awareness (MHA) events
- Liaising with RB Mind events volunteers
- Assisting with the running of events
- Helping to maximize fundraising efforts. Collecting cash donations and payments made
- Raising awareness of RB Mind by talking to members of the public, answering questions where possible
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The opportunity to learn more about the voluntary sector and to gain valuable experience
- Lunch and Travel expenses in line with our Volunteers’ Expenses Policy
Youth Wellbeing Volunteers
We’re seeking new people to join our wonderful team of youth wellbeing volunteers on our exciting award-winning youth wellbeing service. The service is designed to support young people aged 8 – 25 and give them skills to increase their understanding of emotional wellbeing and build resilience through practical skills such as the 5 ways to wellbeing and Mindfulness.
We offer full training to equip you with the skills and knowledge to support young people and fulfil the role along with ongoing support and development through supervision. Training will take place over 5 weeks in May and June. The role description and person specification is available here, the application form is here, and the equalities equality monitoring form is here. For more details, please contact [email protected]
Counselling and Psychotherapy Volunteers
If you are currently training in Counselling, Psychotherapy or Clinical Psychology and are looking for a clinical placement as a Volunteer Counsellor or Psychotherapist, please see details on our Counselling and Psychotherapy webpage for how to apply.
This role involves providing valuable administrative support to RB Mind’s service leads.
HOURS: Times as per availability
BASED AT: either 32 Hampton Road, Twickenham TW2 5QB or 1st Floor Rear, UK House, 82 Heath Rd, Twickenham TW1 4BW
Duties can include typing up and formatting documents, using Excel spreadsheets, entering monitoring data into online databases and sending correspondence via post and email. You can download the role description here
Other Volunteer Roles
A range of other volunteer roles come up from time to time at Richmond Borough Mind. Below is a list of examples of these roles. Please e-mail [email protected] for more details- we might not get back to you immediately as we do not have a volunteer manager in post.
- Carers Activities Volunteer
- Evening Counselling Receptionist Volunteer
- Peer Activity Group Volunteer
- Youth Wellbeing Volunteer
- Wellbeing Centre Volunteer
Search below for volunteer vacancies that we are advertising on the Volunteer Connect website. After clicking the Search button, simply type Richmond Borough Mind into the box labelled Keyword and any live roles that we are recruiting to will be listed at the bottom of the page.
Click on Details to see the full role description. To express your interest in the role select Confirm Interest and follow instructions to log in to Volunteer Connect or to register your details for the first time.